Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not for the Kiddies Dessert

Awhile ago the Vegetarian Times listed a recipe entitled Marinated Oranges. I've been meaning to try it and didn't get around to it until very recently. Ever have those moments (often in the dead of winter) when you wish it was sunny and 80 degrees with low humidity. I think those moments hit most when I look out the window and see 12+ inches of snow on the ground. (Brrrr!) Well, I found one of the best and simplest recipes to bring me- for a moment- back to the fond memories of summer. This dessert reminds of all those summer days where I'm relaxing with friends in the sun sipping on sangria. Obviously, I'm not going to make sangria in the dead of winter, but I sure will make this dessert. A sprinkle of sugar and a splash of Grand Marnier provide me with a little bit of summer during these gloomy, cold winter days.


Of course I adapted the recipe just a little bit.
All you need are some oranges (I used two.)
<1 tbsp of sugar (more or less for your taste)
1-2 tbsp lemon juice (more or less for your taste)
3 tbsp grand marnier (more or less for your taste)

Peel the oranges.
Cut the oranges crosswise into 1/2 to 1 inch rounds.
I used a glass pie dish to place the oranges.
Spinkle with sugar, lemon juice, and grand marnier.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, rotating oranges at least once.

Enjoy!

Find original recipe here.
Once again I'm camera-less, but hopefully that will soon be resolved! There's a decent picture in the link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment