Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CSPI I love you!

The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is an amazing non-profit group. I susbcribe to their monthly Nutrition Action Healthletter. It's great. You can sign up for it here!

The reason why I love CSPI more than ever these days is because they wrote the FDA a 158 page report on why our food labels are inadequate (and that's putting it nicely!) I know so many people who are beyond confused by the multiple labels that are allowed on our food packages.

Here's a brief snipet of what CSPI wrote to the FDA! And if you're up for reading it, here's the entire version. At the very least give the full report a scan; it's very interesting!

I hope sooner, rather than much later, I'll be seeing a useful update of our food and nutrition labels! Here's hoping to a change in 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment