Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!

It's a new year and with every new year comes resolutions. I like the idea of resolutions, but I dislike the tendency for them to be unrealistic. "I'm going to go to the gym everyday 7 days a week and lose 50 pounds!" Great! I love it! Buttttt, when is the last time you went to the gym? Last January?! So the reality is that you might start off strong, but you won't be able to keep yourself motivated to go 7 days a week. (I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you know it's true.) So in these cases, why not just set something a little more realistic such as going to the gym 3 days a week. As time goes by and you're consistently going 3 days a week, then that's a good time to increase to 4 days a week. I would love to see new year's resolutions last for the entire year, not just the first two weeks!

My New Year's Resolution is to try my hand at cooking new cuisines such as Indian and Polish foods. Stay tuned and we'll both see how it turns out!

What are your (realistic, long term) New Year's Resolutions? I'd love to know everybody's goals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment