Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sweet Indulgence- Part II

One of the few things I remember from my oh so distant past, were the times I'd come home from school to find that there were fresh cookies sitting on the counter. Of course they were not to be eaten or touched!!!! as they were going to be wrapped in a holiday Christmas tin and mailed off or delivered to relatives. Well, of course no little kid can just look and NOT eat! So I'm sure one or two or few got popped into someone's mouth when nobody was looking! YUM! And now, of course, that I'm a little bit older, I get to make these cookies and eat as many as I desire! Yay! (Just kidding!)


















One of my favorite cookies are, what the recipe calls, Chocolate Unbaked Cookies. The name really does these cookies no justice. Let's call them Coconut Chocolate Gooey Goodness Cookies! Can't tell you where the recipe came from. My recipe is something I hand wrote long ago on a once white, now chocolate stained piece of computer paper.

Try these and I promise you won't be disappointed. And- bonus- they are quick and easy. I mean, the original name does give it away and all, doesn't it? (Hint: unbaked!) Of note, sadly, these tasty treats are not healthy! (Not even a tid bit! Sooooooo, moderation, moderation, moderation!) Enjoy!

Bring 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup milk, and 2 cups sugar to a boil. Turn off heat. Mix the following into liquid mixture: 1 cup coconut, 3 cups quick oats, 3 tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt. Drop teaspoon size balls onto cookie sheet or wax paper. Let set for awhile. Indulge later (if you can resist the temptation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment