Monday, December 21, 2009

Leftovers for Breakfast Plllllease!

I'll admit, I get bored easily. (Or maybe that's just my excuse as...) I'm always looking for new recipes, new ideas, and new adventures.

In my hunt for a quick breakfast (as my tummy was rumbling and I needed a quick fix), I realized leftovers were the trick! My plan was to make eggs, but just eggs just simply wasn't going to cut it.

As I scoured my 'fridge, I saw sitting so sweetly and quietly the rice and bean mixture I had cooked the night before. (Please see my previous post 'Not Your Average Rice and Beans.') So I popped that into the microwave, while at the same time I scrambled an egg with a tbsp of low fat cheese. (FYI gas heat is GREAT! <5 minutes and my egg is done!) What's next is facile! Scoop up cooked eggs. Place eggs in a wrap. Add salsa! (So Yum!) Roll wrap. (Thank you Subway. My sandwich artist skills still come in use today, even in the privacy of my own home! What would I have done without you?!) Place aesthetically on dish. Take warmed rice and beans out of microwave and also place strategically on plate. (Feel free to add more salsa! Spice it up!) :) Voila! Eat up! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment