Saturday, December 12, 2009

Not Your Average Rice and Beans


I don't know about you, but after being outside in mid-December's not so warm blowing wind, I'm in search of a hot meal. And of course, after salsa'ing with the chilly wind for 20 minutes or so, I'm not in the mood to cook (for even 30 minutes.) (Sad to say, it's true. There are days when all of us (whining voice) just don't want to cook!) So then what shall I ever do? Fast food is just not an option for me, or is it?! It is! Fast Food recipe here I come!!

All you need is what you've been storing in your freezer and in your cupboard for times just like these. I grab the bags of precooked, no salt or preservatives added brown rice and lentils or black beans. I open my freezer and pull out whichever non-salt, non-sauce added vegetables that are there. (In this case it was supposed to be broccoli. As there were only a few florets of broccoli left, I opened the bag of string beans. Feel free to use whatever vegetable is in your freezer!) Out of the cupboard I also grab my can of tomatoes (any variety that you bought and stored that fits your fancy will do just fine!) Last step! Grab your frying pan. Dump all ingredients into the pan. Turn on the stove and cook until warm stirring occasionally. Voila! Fast Food here I come!! (Of note, this recipe is not time consuming because all that needs to be done is to warm the food. Nothing is raw; noting truly needs to be cooked!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment