Saturday, December 19, 2009

Practical Gift Idea

Today as I was unhappily cleaning for 2 hours I realized a couple of things. My usual cleaning is merely a swipe here and a wipe there in an attempt to mask the dirt and grime without having to spend hours cleaning. Today is when I also realized how gross my apartment really is (and hence the two hours of scrubbing! YUCK!) Then I also realized what a great gift it would be to receive a couple of prepaid visits by a cleaning lady! There are some things money can buy- and one of them should be someone who enjoys cleaning! Or at least someone who doesn't mind sticking their hand down a dirty toilet for some green! At first this idea came as I was scrubbing the dried and plastered food off my stove top, to which my arms got tired before the stove got clean. Then as I pouted my way into the bathroom I really wished I was one of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty. Reality hit me in the face, as it usually does, that all the wishing and hoping wouldn't put a magical wand in my hand! So, if you're a last minute shopper, like myself, then here's a last minute gift idea for you- get someone a gift of a cleaning lady! It's perfect for a cook, a baker, a foodie, or really just anyone who hates to clean! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!

1 comment:

  1. I should have read this before Chirstmas! Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete