Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swordfish Delicacy

I always hear how fish 'just takes too long' to cook. Well, I can't say I ever thought that, but I can say that I have overcooked fish and the desire to try again sometimes goes out the window. But, to my delight, I had the most wonderful experience tonight! I cooked swordfish that almost melted in my mouth. The cooked fish was soft to the touch of my fork and easily crumbled. It was a visual delicacy; too bad I forgot to take a picture. The top was a dark crispy brown and the inside was a soft mushroom gray/white. The first bite was an explosion of pleasant pungency likely from the dressing combined with an almost ice cream-like smoothness! I swear I have never tasted anything so good! And to think I cooked it! :)

Swordfish cooked to perfection!
Fresh swordfish (ideally fresh, but frozen works too. Just be sure to properly defrost.)
Marinate fish in your favorite sauce. I used an organic roasted garlic balsamic vinegar salad dressing (40 calories per 2 Tbsp for all those calorie conscious folks out there!)
Place fish in baking sheet. (Be sure to coat bottom of pan with oil to prevent sticking.)
Broil for 9-10 minutes (individual ovens usually vary.)
Followed by a quick bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes (again individual ovens usually vary.)
Voila! It's done!
At the same time cook up your favorite quick side dishes and now you have perfection in 15 minutes or less. You can't get better than this! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment