Sunday, November 15, 2009

From Mabel's Kitchen

Mabel is my grandmother; she's still alive and kicking! :) When I think of her I think of three things.

1. 'I'm a bel not a ble.' In response to how to spell her name.
2. I'm not sure if I should be admitting this, but one of my fondest memories of Mabel is when I used to visit her when I was little. We would sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and eat celery and PB. Sometimes she'd go down to the kitchen, get the needed ingredients, and bring it back up to bed. Grandmas rock! :)
3. Her ability to please anybody (even me- a once very picky eater) with her indescribable ability to cook the most amazing, creative, inventive meals. This brings me today's post- in pre-Thanksgiving fashion.

My favorite Thanksgiving dish (although technically just a side) is cranberry relish. I'm sure you can get the recipe right of the package of cranberries, but I learned from the best!

Delectable Cranberry Relish
Puree cranberries.
Puree an orange- skin and all.
Using a spoon, blend together in a bowl.
Add sugar to taste.
Refrigerate and serve cold! YUM! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment