Friday, August 13, 2010

NEW Pretzel M&Ms!!!

As I was standing in the long line at the grocery store waiting to check out and purchase my groceries, out of the corner of my eye something shiny and blue caught my attention!! What could it be?! PRETZEL M&Ms!!! Yes, this is a BIG deal! For one, chocolate covered pretzels are delicious. (Don't be fooled. I think it's an admissions requirement into the dietetics program to love chocolate!!) For two, the package is... PORTION CONTROLLED.

Every time I see the 'snack' bag of peanut M&Ms, my stomach turns. One package (a.k.a. a handful) is 250 calories!!! I just think that's a bit much for a 'junk food!' (And don't be fooled; don't blame the nuts. The milk chocolate package is 240 calories!!) BUT the pretzel M&Ms are 150 calories!!! Love it! Love it! Love it! A little something tasty in the perfect sized package. (I understand the difficulty of only eating half the package...)

So kudos to Mars!

(P.S. Just to be clear- I'm not stating M&Ms in any variety are healthy! I'm just excited about finding portion controlled varieties of not-the-healthiest snacks. I'm realistic and realize people like candy. So, why not INdulge occasionally with the proper portion! I'm okay with that.) (In all honesty, anything with red 50 and yellow 6 is never going to be healthy!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment