Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Family Affair at Lunch Time!

Sometimes we all seem to get overwhelmed when it comes to 'what do I serve my guests?' Recently, I was visiting my BFF (best friend forever! duh! :)) and she made a small smorgasbord of food; she made it all seem so simple! And really that's the idea, right? A time for family to spend together smiling, laughing, and eating delicious (and quick and healthy) food.

Below was the spread!


Let me break it down for you.

First there was the starch. My BFF (we'll keep her nameless, for now!) offered whole grain bagels, onion bagels, pumpernickel bagels, and whole grain crackers. (Did you see how the bagels are cut in half. Oh how I love portion control!!! :))

Despite many who only eat one food group per meal, there's more to life than starch! (And as it should be.) One of the most important parts of a meal to provide satiety is protein. Our choices were some of my favorite- chickpeas, eggs, and tuna fish! Yum, yum, YUM!


To hit that tempestuous spot, there was a lovely (and I mean lovely) block of cheese awaiting the painless slice from a sharp knife followed by a quick plop onto each of our plates and an even quicker slurp into our mouths descending into our tummies!!


With a melange of ingredients, one could never (yes NEVER) forget the veggies!!!! Bring it on!! (Extra tuna on this plate and low fat cottage cheese!!)


And last but never least, let's not forget the dessert!!


All in all, this meal is fit for EVERYBODY- even kids! (Promise. A five year old tried everything on the table!!! Never forget the two bite rule!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment