Saturday, August 7, 2010

My New Favorite Adventure- BIKING!!

For the past few years, I have been talking about buying a bike. Yes, you read that correctly- talking and not (sadly and unfortunately) acting! I'm not sure what was holding me back. Maybe the fear of biking alone or the fear of biking on the crazy streets of Boston was the reason for putting off the purchase! This past weekend, however, those fears were put to rest. I went on a 25 mile bike ride and LOVED every second of it! I biked on trails, suburban streets and even on main streets in Somerville, Cambridge, and Boston. To my surprise and delight, biking around Boston isn't so horrible. With my fears put to rest, I quickly turned my talking into actions and bought myself a new bike! (Sadly, I don't think I've owned a bike in 15 years!!) I'm so excited!! Although I don't have any pictures of my own bike yet, here's a generic picture (courtesy of Raleigh!)


I promise there will be stories of my adventures to come! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment