Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Dietitian's Wedding

You know you're at a dietitian's wedding when:

1. The appetizers include more than cheese and crackers and cookies. At a friend's (aka dietitian's) wedding I attended recently, I was ecstatic when I arrived to the cocktail hour. I cant show my complete enthusiasm through these written words; you should have seen my face. (I should have taken a picture!) For once there were more choices than all those high calorie foods!! Sitting so pretty on the table in front of me was an array of roasted vegetables, raw vegetables, and fresh fruits. YAY! I was so excited. Cheese and crackers gets boring after a while (even for a cheese lover!)

2. There are multiple choices for dessert. Who offers just cake?! There was peach crumble, a mousse of some sort (I think) and the wedding cake. Dietitians know that the best part of dinner is a VARIETY of desserts! YUM! (Yes. FYI. Dietitians DO eat dessert! Gasp! I know! :))

3. When everybody laughs at the nutrition jokes. Sadly, when I'm around non-dietitians, they just don't always seem to get my jokes. Alas, I laugh alone. BUT at a dietitian's wedding, everybody laughs! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment