Sunday, June 20, 2010

Light Summer Fruit Salad

I'm a fan of salads (if you haven't noticed.) I like variety. I lunch crunch. I like taste. The best part about salads is that I usually just open my fridge and cupboards and begin mixing and matching. My recent masterpiece is as follows:

Time: minutes
Serves: 1

Ingredients:
Lettuce (any variety you desire.)
1/2 can (3 oz) tuna (any variety you desire. I prefer Chunk Light.)
3-4 small fresh strawberries sliced/chopped
1 tbsp slivered almonds
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp dried cranberries
1-2 dressing as you desired (a sweet vinegar goes well with this salad such as red wine vinegar or Trader Joe;s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar!)

Directions:
If your ingredients are not pre-washed or pre-chopped or pre-sliced, then do so! If they are ready to go, then grab a salad bowl and throw in the ingredients. Mix well. Sprinkle on dressing as desired. Voila! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment