Thursday, February 11, 2010

va va va va va VDAY!

Valentine's Day is soon approaching and I couldn't let this holiday pass without a thought or two. It's probably no surprise to anyone that V-day is not my favorite holiday. I think it's just a budget booster for Hallmark. (At least somebody loves the day, right?! :)) Regardless, I think you can still enjoy the day without breaking the bank. If your loved one loves breakfast in bed, why not surprise him/her with your cooking talent. You could fresh squeeze some orange juice and make some home made french toast sprinkled with raspberries and strawberries! (See I'm even getting the reds and pinks in for you. I'm so creative!) If it's lunch she or he prefers, why not tap into that memory of yours and whip up their favorite dish. And if you're a romantic, there's always dinner for two in your dining room. Or maybe make your favorite dessert to eat while watching a movie of HER choice! (Yup fellas. Be prepared to watch a chick flick! Gasp!)

Hmmm. What would I like?! I think I'd like brunch served in bed with fresh chopped pineapple in a bowl and a fresh baked mini cinnabun with a cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee mixed with raw sugar and skim milk and a chocolate biscotti ready and waiting to be dunked. Maybe a kiss on the cheek and a cheesy handwritten poem read aloud! (hint hint, wink wink!)

Whatever you do, make it original, whimsical, light, and funny. Spare your wallet. Save those pennies for some upcoming adventure just for the two of you!

Happy creating! Happy Vday!

No comments:

Post a Comment