Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pinenut Cranberry Salad Topped with Crumbly Apricot Cheese

I love salad. And I hope when I say that I am in the majority and not the minority. With that said, I dislike boring, tasteless salads. I do not consider iceburg lettuce topped with a few slices of tomatoes and shreds of carrots a true salad. It's three vegetables tossed together. (And how boring is that?!) So I'm always trying to create a new zesty, tasty combination of those 'oh so frightful' greens!

Recipe and Ingredients:
Place your favorite greens in a bowl. (I used a spring mix.) Peel and chop a carrot and put on top of salad. Chop a scallion and also add to dish. (Feel free to add any additional vegetables you have available.) Add a tbsp of White Stilton with Apricots Cheese, a tbsp of dried cranberries (I actually used orange flavored dried cranberries.), and a tbsp of pine nuts. Finally add your favorite low calorie dressing or vinegar. (I used red wine vinegar.) Voila!

Pair it with your favorite main dish and your meal is complete! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment