Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peach Almond Vanilla Smoothie

I came across this NY Times recipe for a Peach Vanilla Smoothie; I was, of course, intrigued. After a few weeks of staring at a copy of this recipe sitting on my desk, I decided to try it (with modifications of course!)

Peach Almond Vanilla Smoothie
Serves: 1
Time: minutes

Ingredients:
1 small peach
2 tbsp slivered almonds
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop vanilla soy protein powder
4 ice cubes

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!!
2. Put in a large glass and enjoy!!

Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 305 kcals

Other:
Of note, which I should have realized beforehand, this recipe will take on the flavor and texture of the vanilla soy protein powder. If you're used to using soy protein powder, it's no big deal; however, if you're not accustomed to using soy protein powder, just be warned now! :) I think it tastes fine in a smoothie, but the texture is unique. Next time around, I will try my version of this recipe sans the protein powder. (And I'll also increase the vanilla extract to 3/4-1 tsp.) It won't be enough for breakfast on its own, but it would make a very healthy, refreshing afternoon snack!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment