Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gluten Free (GF) Brown Rice Flour Pancakes!

I was in a Saturday morning pancake kind-of mood. Sadly, I hadn't gone grocery shopping in too long to mention (damn vacation getting in my way!:)) I was craving blueberry pancakes, but there were no blueberries ANYWHERE! (Ha! Okay. There were probably blueberries a couple blocks away at the closest market, but leaving my apartment was out of the question.) I decided I would settle for traditional pancakes sans blueberries. With that thought, a frown started to creep onto my face. As I'm shuffling through my cupboards looking for something I know doesn't exist, I actually unexpectedly find something that does exist- Brown Rice Flour!!! The excitement rushes in and I think to myself 'now this is something I can work with!!" The frown quickly dissipates and reforms into a smile! YAY! Breakfast is going to be a success!!

Brown Rice Flour Pancakes Recipe
Serves: 3-4
Time: 5 minutes for batter preparation. Cooking time varies.

Ingredients:
1 cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup 1% cow's milk
2 tsp canola oil

Directions:
1. Heat skillet with oil
2. Mix all ingredients together using a wisk
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter at a time to make pancakes!
4. Enjoy with some syrup! YUM!

(GF rice flour pancakes recipe found after the fact! I like the pictures, too!)






No comments:

Post a Comment