Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Edamame Whole Grain Pasta Dish

I open the freezer and there sits the frozen edamame. Check.
I open the cupboard and there sits the whole grain pasta. Check.
I open google and search "pasta edamame recipe." Complete.

Often, I know the ingredients I want to use in a dish, but I struggle with knowing the proper accompanying spices and herbs to make my dish a complete and tasty one. Please see the original recipe here for my inspiration on flavor for this dish!

Edamame Whole Grain Pasta Recipe
Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooked edamame
3/4 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
1 tsp EVOO
1/4 tsp parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp parsley

Directions:
1. Boil water and cook edamame as directed on package.
2. Drain and place edamame in bowl.
3. At the same time, boil a second pot of water.
4. Add whole wheat pasta and cook until desired tenderness.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix EVOO, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, garlic salt, and parsley.
6. When pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain, and add 3/4 cup cooked to the 1/2 cup cooked edamame.
7. Add in oil and spice mixture. Mix until sauce is evenly spread across dish.
8. Enjoy!!

Other: 
-Make this dish complete and add a fresh garden salad with your favorite reduced calorie dressing.
-This dish can absolutely be made in bulk, but I wanted to share a recipe for one for all you bachelors and bachelorettes out there!!
-If you look at the original recipe, it calls for fresh ingredients. Oh, the single life. To my dismay, I dont always have fresh ingredients on hand. So, I promise :), dried ingredients- one- last longer and- two- still make a dish DElicious!!!
-EVOO= extra virgin olive oil
-This dish is just over 300 calories!





No comments:

Post a Comment