Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Locally Grown, Bought, and Prepared: Sauteed Beet Greens

Well, it's that time of year when Farmer's Markets are open! YAY! Today's recipe is inspired by fresh vegetables and health! Today's pick is beet greens. I decided to sautee the grees, which we're delicious! View original recipe here!

To make it a complete meal, I went to the local market and bought some wild salmon. I marinaded it in a lime, ginger sauce! Delicious (I might add!) Mix together 1/2 squeezed lime, 1/2 tsp powdered ginger, and 1 tsp honey. Let raw fish sit in sauce for at least a half hour. To cook fish, sear on each side in a frying pan for 3-5 minutes or until no longer raw!

And of course I needed a -healthy- starch, for which I chose a small sweet potato. I baked it at 350 degrees for an hour. Slice open, squish, :) and add a 1/2 tsp butter.




So, obviously, this meal is not quick (although an hour is not super long either.) There is some preparation involved, but if you plan ahead you can fit this in. The most important thing is that you're left feeling satiated (full) and not looking around for those oh-so-tasty and unhealthy treats! Happy Eating!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment