Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Simple Hearty Breakfast

Do you ever feel that there are TOO many options for breakfast, which then causes an overload resulting in complete and utter confusion? Despite wanting to eat breakfast you probably just decide to skip breakfast all together; why go through the agony!?

Everywhere I go I see ads for ginormous breakfasts- waffles with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and a side of bacon OR an egg sandwich on a large bagel with cheese and ham and sausage, for example. OH YA- don't forget that side of home fries!! And for an extra buck perhaps, make it two sides.

The other day after waking I thought to myself, 'Geez. All I want for breakfast is something wholesome, hearty, quick and simple.' I thought. What did I eat when I was kid? Well there are many foods as I kid that I would absolutely not eat as an adult, but I took the concepts from the past meals.

My breakfast was a bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1% milk and strawberries. I laughed to myself. So simple. Yes I have cereal now and then, but I think we all get caught up in one advertisement or another. Should I have eggs for breakfast? And why kind of bread should I buy? With or without cheese? The questions go on and on...



I cant even tell you the last time I put fruit into my cereal. It was great! I loved it. By no means is this a new concept. It's just a matter of taking a step back and realizing that you already know what to do; it's having the strength to avoid the mixed media messages (ie those whole grain high sugar cereals.) Take a step back. Think simple! And voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment