Sunday, July 18, 2010

Organic Fruit and Vegetable Salad

The beauty of buying organic vegetables is that you can eat the skin. I don't know about you, but I loathe the waxy skin on the cucumbers from the market. No matter how hard you scrub, that wax is not coming off. Goodbye skin!

On the other hand, if you buy organic vegetables there is not gunk to deal with! YAY!

Today's salad recipe is simple.
1. Use all organic produce
2. Use any variety of fruits and vegetables you enjoy
3. Keep the skins on
4. Enjoy!

What I did....

Mix together greens, chopped carrots, sliced cucumbers, freshly sliced strawberries, one chopped hard boiled egg, a sprinkle of cheese (my favorite being Trader Joe's freshly shaved parmesan, romano, and asiago cheese!), with a splash of your favorite vinegar! (I used red wine vinegar! YUM!) Oh so simple and quick. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment