Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet Potato + Tomato Goodness

With the craving for warm teas and warm meals, I know Autumn is upon us.

The following recipe is an easy dish I recently created. It's not crazy or mind blowing yet tasty, simple, and satisfying. I don't know about you, but sometimes all I want is something comforting and tasty. Don't get me wrong! There are absolutely, positively moments for mouth watering flavor-exploding dishes. Just not today! :) As always, I used what was available in my kitchen to find a way to satisfy that Autumn craving!

Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes
1 medium onion
1 can tomato
1/2 tbsp butter or oil
1 green pepper

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and clean sweet potatoes
3. Bake for about an hour or until done
4. Heat butter or oil in a frying pan
5. Add sliced onion. Let cook for 15 minutes. Stir often.
6. Chop green pepper into small bite-size pieces. Add to frying pan. Let cook for 15 minutes stirring often.
7. Add canned tomatoes. Simmer until liquid is absorbed or about 20-30 minutes. Stir often.
8. Place mixture in a dish. Place sweet potato on top!
9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment